Who can inspect fire extinguishers monthly and yearly?

Options

I wanted to see specifically to the California area if this needs to be done by a service company or if this can be done by anyone that has the extinguisher manual and documentation of how to properly inspect.

Answers

• eric-gumm
    Options

I spoke to CalFire and they let me know a licensed company needs to do the annual inspections. Monthly can be done by owner/facilities.

13190.3. Maintenance of equipment installed or required by statute or ordinance, responsibility of owners or occupants. Any portable fire extinguisher that is required to be installed by any statute or ordinance shall be maintained in accordance with the regulations adopted pursuant to Section 13160.

(a) The owner or occupant of a property in which fire extinguishers are located shall be responsible for the inspection, maintenance, and recharging of the fire extinguishers.

(b) Maintenance, servicing, and recharging shall be performed by concerns licensed by the State Fire Marshal having available the appropriate servicing 1/20/2022 13 manual, the proper types of tools, recharge materials, lubricants, and manufacturer's recommended replacement parts or parts of equal quality.